View Single Post
Old 12.26.2007, 09:21 PM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Let's see.. of the things I've heard:
1Untrue by Burial is shit.
2From Here We Go Sublime by The Field is interesting but didn't really strike me as anything new or mindblowing.
3In Rainbows by Radiohead is fucking TERRIBLE.
4And Their Refinement Of The Decline by Stars Of The Lid is amazing. One of the best of the year, definitely.
6Let's Stay Friends by Les Savy Fav is TERRRRRRRRRRIBLE. TERRIBLE. AWFUL. ONE OF THE WORST ALBUMS I'VE EVER HEARD. Oh my god. This album is pure shit. Everyone who I know who has heard it has also declared it to be terrible -- I guess French Kiss Records doesn't buy ad space from them though..
7Neon Bible by The Arcade Fire I'm not a fan of them but this album's not too bad.
10Sound Of Silver by LCD Soundsystem is awful. Just like everything they do.
12Person Pitch by Panda Bear is pretty good, if you like Beach Boys worship over a bunch of samples. 'Pullhair Rubeye' by Avey Tare is WAY better.
13Mirrored by Battles is okay, if a bit .. disconnected. Their EP's are really good. This album seems like a bunch of different parts pasted together. And that being said, there's some really amazing and compelling parts. But as a whole, it's too long and a bit much. And the production's way too bright. If you want good math rock, again, check out Sleeping People - Growing.
14 45:33 by LCD Soundsystem.. didn't listen to this. But I'm sure it's as good as the rest of their shit: awful.
16New Moon by Elliott Smith .. not a huge fan, but I respect him, so I can see this being well-reviewed.
18Ire Works by The Dillinger Escape Plan .. I think this album is way better than miss machine, so for that alone it deserves recognition. I think all in all it'll be overlooked, and their singer is still godawful. But musically it's great. THOUGH.. again.. Behold the Arctopus - Skullgrid, a similiar album musically, is a BILLION times better, so check that out instead.
19The World Has Made Me The Man Of My Dreams by Me'Shell NdegéOcello.. haven't heard this, is this that bald black chick? Fuck her.
20Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga by Spoon. Haven't heard this, but this band's fucking awful, so...
21Copia by Eluviumis really good.
24The Shepherd's Dog by Iron & Wine.. Awful, boring, bullshit.
26Frank by Amy Winehouse... haven't heard this, but the fact that it's one of the best reviewed discs of the year should tell you something about where critics' heads are at.
29Grinderman by Grinderman. Wow, this disc wasn't very good at all, was it?
3023 by Blonde Redhead. This band gets worse and worse.

Terrible.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|