View Single Post
Old 03.17.2018, 11:22 AM   #22306
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
fincher this fincher that but don’t forget that sorkin is writer número uno

and yeah social media is a fucking plague. everyone on tv like in that van sant “to die for” nightmare. an unfairly forgotten movie these days.

Yes, yes. Fincher’s a fine director and all — reliable, consistent, just edgy enough to make crowd pleasers that still have bite — but he’s not a visionary. He’s like the junior college version of Christopher Nolan. Sorkin’s writing and the excellent performances are what make The Social Network great.

Also a legitimately great soundtrack from Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. Better than anything they’ve done in the NIN/rock sphere in probably 15 years.

I do really like David Fincher though. I think there’s a certain “itness” to his style that makes most of his movies and forays into TV really freaking enjoyable. There are exceptions of course (ever seen The Game? It’s just OK. Not bad, definitely not great, but fine — kind of a bad thing, really; also not a huge fan of Gone Girl) but Fight Club, Benjamin Button, Social Network, House of Cards, Mindhunter... all great.

But I think Sorkin made Social Network really sing.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|