View Single Post
Old 06.12.2010, 05:41 PM   #26
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
also - classless? but you just said it was made up of millionaires from nice comfortable backrounds. how can it be classless? thats like the opposite conception of what class is.

and i disagree completely with the "its in our instincts thing". this is just the pyschological ideology of competitive capitalism. its an inverted view of things. i disagree that people behave that way, that is a description of their behaviour but one that refuses to see the behaviour as a consequence of their material conditions and instead tries to place it inside them as if such competitiveness was encoded into their very body. i do not agree that because there are sports there must be something inside us that needs to release suppressed instincts cathartically (is that even possible?).

i think it was you that i made this arguement too in another thread?

The first part,
I said that theyre millionnaires (which they are), and that half of them come from nice, comfortable backgrounds (which they do)
I was assuming the implication that the other half are from less fortunate positions than that was well known, at least i was assuming people commenting here knew that to be so

Second point

Our nature is the reason there is racism, and base mistrust of "the other", and gang mentalities, and conservatives, and the rest.
sports are a manifestation of that, and no matter what anyone says, they are suject to that tribal tendency

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|