View Single Post
Old 08.03.2011, 02:05 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I don't really see how comparing Deftones to Sonic Youth or Radiohead would be accurate,

I meant in regards to remaining a bit underground and DIY deep within the mainstream music scene, something which only a few bands can do. Deftones and Sonic Youth both been around for more than 20 years and yet both managed to stay just far enough off the radar to put out stuff like this..

"We don't have any plans to play live, but we might release a series of EPs on our own on the Net. I don't want to talk about it at all -- which I'm doing right now. The main thing about it is, I don't want to hype it up and give people all these expectations. To me, that's what made Team Sleep so hard to do. It was supposed to be this underground thing that would happen whenever, and it developed so much hype around it that it kind of ruined the whole thing for me. Our idea for this is to just put it out there and whoever likes it, cool. " chino
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
I don't know why, but I've always liked that song "Digital Bath" from White Pony.

Probably because of the synthy '80s vibe. It could pass for a Cure song if it didn't have that awful nu-metal drum sound.

Generally I think they're pretty bad, but I do appreciate the fact that they attempted to bring some originality and quality to the nu-metal thing.

I'm not gonna waste hard-drive space on anything having to do with them though.

dude, stop calling deftones "nu-metal"

deftones preexisted before nu-metal back when the were just rap-rock in the early RATM era of the mid-90s, technically nu-metal specifically evolved OUT OF the deftones with all those linkin park bands.. stylistically, deftones are more rap-rock then nu-metal, as they rely an purely hip-hop drumwork and authentic sampling, where as nu-metal is an almost cliched imitation..
this is fucking great album!
it takes all that trip hop style Chino has been fucking with since 1999 and perfects it, also adding the edgy and dark guitar work that was prevalent in early team-sleep and during the white pony tours..

I love this album, the imagery, the lyrics, the beats, the ambient sounds, the guitar work, the vocals, the samples, its perfect!

This is what Muse should be doing

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|