View Single Post
Old 03.13.2010, 10:37 AM   #87
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
exactly! Rock bands don't dress like Catholic priests, soul groups don't dress like the Amish. Hip Hop artists don't use the speech and religious imagery of Vedic Hundus, and yet with Rastafari EVERYONE borrows the our culture without adopting it and we are supposed to say nothing?

We in Rastafari just want folks to overstand what they are dealing with, and have Raspect for our culture. It is truly all love, but we want folks who dig our culture to do it with sincerity and authenticity, not half-assed or even sarcastically.

I respect your views on this, but rastas aren't the only people who have this standpoint to music.

There's a bar up the road from my place that is riddled with diehard Iron Maiden fans who only listen to, well... Iron Maiden.

If I were to walk in there and start a discussion about Sunn O))), Boris, Electric Wizard, or any other form of metal for that matter,
I'd get laughed at or chopped up into little pieces with axes that adorn the place. Stubborn cunts , is what they are.

Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|