View Single Post
Old 03.21.2007, 10:47 AM   #24
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
in all honesty i wasn't overly impressed with Rather Ripped when i first heard it back in June, but my perception of the record changed after hearing it live so many times, and i do find the material more refreshing and interesting then the last two albums live, but i think alot of that is due to Mark's presence, i liked Jim with the band, but live he always seemed like he had a stomach ache and kinda was just fuddy duddy, no knock on him at all, but when Mark joined up there has been a renewed energy and fun that i haven't seen before since i started seeing them in 02, and overwhelmingly they were on night after night

and these DDN shows, i think people are getting on a little too much that this will become a trend, i highly doubt that, it not like their next album will try to sound like DDN either

one thing i noticed about Sonic Nurse when they released it was how "Sonic Youth" it sounded, mostly cause the tunings they brought on where ones they have used in the past such as GGDDD#D# aka the Bro James one(where as Washing Machine through Murray Street they were using newer ones almost exclusively) it was odd at first, but it melded quite well in the end

i am not an overly critical person as you can tell, and i focus on the best of the things, maybe it is a little overreaching what some of their records have accomplished

the new Stooges for example was rated 1.0 by pitchfork, but metacritic who casts a net of as many reviews as possible determined the consensus was that it's more like a 5 of of 10 from 22 reviews, certainly alot of their tastes from rolling stone to pitchfork are highly suspect at best, critiquing is a very delicate thing and can charge some one as an arbiter of good taste to a straight playa hater from chicago son(far too many haters in the midwest)
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|