View Single Post
Old 01.29.2017, 12:56 PM   #20660
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It does but I found the emphasis on martial arts in 1 so boring, just because I don't like those films anyway. It's in 2 as well but doesn't seem as much, maybe just because of the change of setting.

Yeah, I think a lot of fans are disappointed at the time by the lack of swordplay in the second one. I remember watching the DVD commentary back in the day, and Tarantino said the first volume was total Shaw Brothers Kung-Fu, and the second one was a total spaghetti western.

Makes sense to me, except that if I remember correctly, all of Beatrix's training with Pai Mei took place in the second film, but still... the overall vibe was much more Eastwood than Bruce Lee.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|