View Single Post
Old 01.28.2017, 05:56 AM   #20651
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
As a young college student we would watch our VHS of reservoir dogs and True Romance, and we got to know and love Tarantino, who made movies without all the fluff shit added by standard filmmakers, focusing more on dialogue and well framed character acting.

Pulp Fiction blew everyone's mind. I did not "like" it in the theater, but it was because i was so busy trying to determine how he was telling the stories and did not pay attention to the stories. Watching it again and again on VHS at home was awesome.

Jackie Brown was not what anyone expected and is an amazing film. Nothing in it was predictable.

However, when I saw Kill Bill, I found it very "standard" in it's tropes and story, but it was amazing visually. KIll Bill 2 I find extremely boring to this day. I ahve seen it thrice and each time I get bored and find myself wishing it did not exist, as it undercut all the excellent tension and dread created by the first one. I saw it as KBI being Tarantino's mashup of asian cinema, while KBII was his mashup of american cinema. american cinema is far more boring.

You must spread more Free Kitten albums around before repping Mr Instigator again.