Thread: Last Days
View Single Post
Old 05.12.2010, 07:32 PM   #39
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
The Brown Bunny is a masterpiece. Amazing film. Has nothing in common with Last Days. The Weather Man's a good mainstream comedy, has nothing in common with any of these films. La Vie Nouvelle is a terrifying art film. Has nothing in common with any of these films either. I dunno what point you're trying to make, except to namedrop a bunch of films that have some bleakness or emptiness in them.

But, like, every film I watch is nihilistic.

But not every film I watch is dull and lazy like this one. This film felt like something anyone could have made. There's just not much to it. Sure, the content may mirror the tone, the bleakness, the nothingness of existence -- but, well, it sure is shitty to sit through. Give me Jost's BED YOU SLEEP IN, BELL DIAMOND, SLOW MOVES, SURE FIRE, etc. Now those are movies that communicate bleakness in an interesting way...

Anyway, glad you like it and got something out of it, man.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|