View Single Post
Old 09.10.2017, 05:43 PM   #1715
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, the Americans is just too goddamn good. It's simply one of the most intricately crafted shows I've ever seen. Nothing feels like a plot device, even though there are plenty of those. Everything feels so vital and crucial. Nothing feels like filler — not even the weird experimental moments like when they spend 5 minutes digging a hole — I'm sure some of it's filler, but it doesn't come across that way.

I can't believe this show has been losing Emmys to Game of Thrones. That blows my mind. Spectacle over substance, I guess. But the Americans is without a doubt one of the most important shows on television and also one of the best thrillers I've ever seen on television.

It may be the recency effect working its magic, but I think this show almost puts Breaking Bad to shame.

I found out it was developed by a former CIA agent, so that explains a lot of the uncanny believability of the show. Now they're starting to get into a time period that I'm actually old enough to remember a bit, and I really can't wait to see how it's all going to end.

5-star show. Applause. Excellence all around.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|