View Single Post
Old 03.17.2016, 12:31 PM   #1150
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Drake doesn't write many of his rhymes lately nor does he make many of his beats. In fact, almost no rapers nowadays make their own beats.

It is not as specialized as rock n roll was back when the record labels controlled everything and every aspect of recording. which leads to a lot of shit that sounds exactly the same.....

I never said Drake did any of his own beats. He's got a crew for that shit, and shares folks like Zaytoven with Future and everybody else. (Part of why I love Kanye and Kendrick, neither is really part of this... yeah, Kendrick gets Dre to do some production, and Ye will use Swizz Beats and a few others, but they don't fall into the "producer of the moment" thing.)

I wansn't even referring to lyrics with Drake. But the man has a brand. He's a great music capitalist. He cosigns folks like partynextdoor and ILoveMakonnen, reaps the benefits of appearing on their singles, and then moves the fuck on leaving the world to think he's got all this good will for aspiring artists. I'm not saying this is good, because it's not, but he's becoming sort of a cultural curator. Following in Ye's footsteps with a lot of it, but doing so with generally shitty material. OVO music and the whole "The 6" thing, they're just tools to further Drake's career. He's great at getting other people to do his work. Which is why I referred to him as "managerial" ... Ultimately I kind of hate the guy even if I like some of his albums.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|