View Single Post
Old 11.30.2009, 02:40 AM   #22
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCreep
I sorta like Love and Theft (even if it is a retread of the much better Time Out of Mind.)

Whaaaa? It perplexes me when people say this! I know Time Out of Mind was the big 'comeback', but to me it feels very hollow and the production is lacking.. some of the songs are beautiful, but to me 'Love and Theft' is a masterpiece from start to finish, with all kinds of intricacies in the instrumentation that keep me listening over and over. If anything, I'd consider 'Modern Times' part 2 of 'Love and Theft', but I really see it as quite far beyond 'Time Out of Mind', in both style and sound...
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|