View Single Post
Old 09.21.2017, 09:02 PM   #23
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
eh? i never said that sopas meant that link as a refutation, but he sorta called the paper names? which, from an ideological stance i guess one could do, but not from a journalistic one. those fuckers do good work.

the other thing i alluded to was that you called the wsj argument dumb. it's not. at all. it's the same argument more or less as the wire one, just from a different perspective-- the wire with the more aesthetic and philosophical take as it befits its editorial goals and standards. but both deal with the subject of media coverage and the deleterious effect of excessive praise.

(on a side note: i'm also heartened by the wire's denounciation of the absurdity of numerical scores, which i have always resisted... except where i'm used to them by repetition, like with netflix, where i must feed the machine that gives me recommendations-- but it's not the same thing.)

anyway-- let's not quibble about the details of minor misreadings and misunderstandings. let's go berate some music instead!

Im pretty sure I called Metacritic’s aggregating methods dumb (or, rather, statistically unsound). I don’t think I called the WSJ argument dumb. But I guess I may have? I dunno.

Stupid music sucks!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|