View Single Post
Old 09.15.2018, 09:24 AM   #23
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
First Listen: Low, 'Double Negative'

it's left me completely speechless so far. On the one hand it's awful with the distortion, especially on the vocals. To me it's a sacrilege to mess with Mimi's vocals. And I hate the R&B triphop Aphex Twin whatever fake drums.
But goddamn it's so good!

Hey now, they’re trying something different. More adventurous than what a lot of their peers are doing... if they’re doing anything anymore.

It’s going to take a while to unpack this one, but yeah, it’s amazing for sure. I was not expecting to be surprised by a band I’ve been listening to for so long. There’s something to be said for a willingness to do something drastically different, and that’s what this is.

I don’t listen to any artist to hear them make the same sounds every few years. If they do, I usually stop paying close attention. For me, this is super welcome.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|