View Single Post
Old 04.27.2008, 11:49 PM   #16
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
Yes, because that is one that I truly love. From their recent albums, I like The Neutral, Sympathy for the Strawberry, Patter Recognition. If they would have let kim do Rather Ripped by herself it would have been a better album.

I quite disagree, as I think "Or" is the one true great song on the record.

Kim made a slow but steady vocal change/evolution away from her roots that were very influenced by Lydia and more towards straight ahead rock. I think that's great in terms of finding her own voice, trouble is, I like the roots the best. The early records often times have this dark/spacey little girl quality to her vocals that I actually prefer to Lydia's mining of similar territory. Around about the Dirty era, I think she kind of thrashed her voice singing over the wall of guitars and it took on a raspy quality that has never quite left. It can and often is used to great effect, but if I had to pick favorites over all of their recorded history, I end up with the list I posted above.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|