View Single Post
Old 05.21.2015, 11:18 AM   #38750
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
you're right of course-- i expect too much of human nature.

i was more irked by mary's pretension to become one of the cool kids and betray her outsider status-- to which she ultimately returns. of course most people will do just that when offered passage to a better deck, and sell out their former friends. humans are social climbers. mary was no hero, just a human. i liked her as a kid but not as a grownup-- and that's okay-- i don't like a lot of people ha ha.

i'm not saying at all that this was a bad movie-- it was great, and well made. but to bill it as "comedy" is deceitful (you didn't do that, the marketers did).

just because it's done with claymation it doesn't mean it can't be all about pain & suffering. this was somehow closer to an intimate form or neorrealism than to wallace & gromit. the trailers emphasized the sweet/quirky/funny parts and left out the atrocities.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|