View Single Post
Old 12.11.2013, 09:42 PM   #190
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Alan Sparhawk collaborates on Charlie Parr's latest album, "Hollandale", due for release through Chaperone Records in late January of next year, according to the next info copied and pasted from Charlie Parr's official facebook:

We've got a few news items from Charlie to pass along while he's out on tour.

He'll be performing live on WDVX's Blue Plate Special on Monday next week (Dec. 16) at noon EST. The program airs on WDVX 89.9FM Knoxville, TN and streams online at WDVX.com.

Charlie returns to the Brewhouse on Dec. 18 for the "Live at the Brewhouse" LP release show. The release features a different set of songs from the "Backslider" shows and will be for sale at the Brewhouse and online. Proceeds from this album will go to Loaves and Fishes (http://loavesandfishesduluth.blogspot.com/).

Finally, we're excited to announce some details about Charlie's new album titled "Hollandale," which will be released by Chaperone Records in late January. Charlie has this to say about it:

"Hollandale" is an all instrumental record of 5 songs featuring mostly 12-string with a bit of National resonator and a banjo improv based on "Barnswallow." The songs are all improvised around 5 different open tunings and are enhanced by the electric guitar of Alan Sparhawk, who also produced the album. I've always wanted to do a record like this, I've always been real chicken to do it until Alan encouraged me and gave me an opportunity to sit in the house he was renovating and just play whatever I felt. The songs will never come out that way again, but that's alright, they'll come out some other way and that's what I love about this style of music. No one gets hurt, all the air you moved while playing this music just goes back to where it was when yr done."

Tickets are on sale for the Minneapolis release show at the Cedar on Feb. 1. The Duluth release show will be at Sacred Heart on Jan. 25 and we'll have more details on that in the near future.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|