View Single Post
Old 02.14.2012, 11:23 AM   #28
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Honestly, I'd never heard of them prior to a few weeks before this show. I researched them a bit beforehand, and couldn't find an awful lot of information. Seems their shows have been a bit sparse over the past several years. I know David Daniell has collaborated with some pretty interesting folk (Loren Connors, Rhys Chatham, etc).

The show itself was fantastic. Very pretty, almost ambient at times. Bits of chaotic single note guitar assault thrown in here and there. They were good. I'd go as far as to say they were exceptional as far as improvisational stuff is concerned (an area I like, but feel as if there is more bad stuff than good).

Would definitely check them out again given the opportunity.

Yeah, I saw them once when they were more of a semi-regular band... they are really interesting unfortunately they don't play much anymore because I believe they all live in different parts of the Midwest US now? I know David a little as I have opened shows for him before and I was in the "Chatham Guitar Trio is my Life" (Buffalo show), and he was Rhys's "technical assistant" on that tour/project... San Agustin do not have much recorded output, a good portion is hard to find now their 1st LP, an early 7", a cassette... the 3 cds are easier to find (one is a table of the elements boxset another is collab. w/ longtime partner of Loren Connors, Suzanne Languille) and a table of the elements one sided 12" part Lanthanides series celebrating the 10 years of table of the elements label.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/San+Agustin

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|