View Single Post
Old 11.13.2006, 11:49 AM   #86
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabib
i aim to disappoint. i'm not sure if i was explaining anything, clarifying something i didn't agree with or just being obnoxious for the sake of conversation. i've never categorized myself as an artist. i've always said, "i make things" or "i'm a designer." others have categorized me as an artist--either for the sake of brevity or because that's the label they felt best suited me. that's their perogative.

my ex-girlfriend was an incredible artist. watching her process and seeing her stuff in museums in galleries when she was done with it did a lot to make it evident to me that there's a massive difference between art and design.

so then, i guess i was just being obnoxious for the sake of conversation.

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't criticizing your work at all. I like a lot of the designs and filmwork you've produced over the years. The whole issue about art or design having to be fresh and innovative is a load of bollocks, if you ask me.
Who cares what people that haven't even taken the time to look at the work think.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|