View Single Post
Old 07.26.2013, 06:02 PM   #3485
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Arsenal would be smart to let Suarez go. The guy is trouble, keeping him will only cost them in the long run. The guy is uber-talented, true, but he is a loose canon, and can't play the beautiful game in a beautiful way, he got to get Mike Tyson on dudez..

For all his personality flaws he's still for me one of the most attractive players to watch. He ticks about every box on my list of things to like about a player - except the ones about not eating opponents or calling them niggers or diving. I suppose Wenger believes he'll be the one to straighten him out so we only see the good side (or more realistically minimise the bad one).

El Symbols' point about his ban is true but it's 10 games in a 38 game season, plus all cup fixtures. At most he'll be out for a couple of months. Plenty of players are out longer with things like hamstring injuries and still remain viable in the market, even with the likelihood of an injury recurring. And rightly or wrongly, a manager will always feel more in control of a player with a discipline issue than one who's injury prone. With Suarez it seems to come down more to if a club worries about how he might affect their image, but I suspect the board, manager and most Arsenal fans are only ultimately interested in winning, and if Suarez helps them do that he'll be popular. Rival fans will hate anyway; it's what they do.

Either way, the tour bus image probably needs redesigning. I'm sure Gerrard's livid.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|