View Single Post
Old 09.30.2021, 09:59 PM   #7
appleo
empty page

appleo kicks all y'all's assesappleo kicks all y'all's assesappleo kicks all y'all's assesappleo kicks all y'all's assesappleo kicks all y'all's assesappleo kicks all y'all's assesappleo kicks all y'all's assesappleo kicks all y'all's assesappleo kicks all y'all's assesappleo kicks all y'all's assesappleo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
So which is YOUR favorite song from Bleach, you sons (and daughters) of guns? Mine... Even though "About A Girl" is just perfect, the unimpeachable classic, I'm gonna vote for "School". No recess!

On the record itself, I don't necessarily have one overarching favorite song.
I had a band that used to play "School" which was great fun, and just came out right without too much effort.
"About a Girl" of course is a classic, always reminded me of the Smithereens.
"Blew" has this very cool organic groove to it (I think Chad Channing never got enough credit for having such great feel).
Of course "Paper Cuts" aims to be heavier than Metallica AND the Melvins.
And "Negative Creep" is one of the most scorching, they totally channel their inner Mötörhead!
I think the band may hit their stride best on "Scoff", "Swap Meet", and "Mr. Moustache" - these three just so totally rock, and it really locks in for me.

So I really am loathe to pick one favorite from the record, they're all good for different reasons.

But when I saw them live at Maxwell's in April 1990, I distinctly recall that while they were good, the song they really gelled on and brought ME to nirvana with, was "Scoff" (and "Been a Son" was similarly great). That was the peak.

So I'm going to pick "Scoff" based on that experience.

Hope this helps! :-D

PS Steve's answer about Bleach was hilarious, BTW
appleo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|