View Single Post
Old 02.22.2012, 01:28 PM   #1
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses

got mine about a week ago, very impressive quality for a mostly traditional jazzmaster thats under $400! The neck is very nice, frets could be finished slightly better (but not bad at all), the pickups are more like P90's and warmer than the brighter trad. jazzmaster p-ups. the bridge is pretty much a trad. les paul type bridge and keeps the strings in tune when using the trem and more importantly keeps the strings in place as the traditional jazzmaster bridge has the strings popping around issue, trem is decent but the plate doesn't say "fender" and it has been moved forward slightly, i'm guessing to increase sustain and angle to the bridge to prevent the strings from jumping, but 3rd string technique still can be done quite effectively if thats your thing. it doesn't seem as heavy as its speced out to be either. it also stays in tune very well, even under heavy trem arm abuse! i like the gold/copper anondized pickguard more than i though but may at some point go with a trad. red tortoise shell one. I guess this guitar is also designed after a '59 jazzmaster with the same color scheme. so this just replaced my jagmaster as my second guitar.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/docs/DOC-2241

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|