View Single Post
Old 04.01.2015, 03:48 AM   #13
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
You understand that you and Kim as Lux Interior and Poison Ivy from The Cramps , have embodied a kind of romantic ideal , couple dreamed rock ...

TM: It does not surprise me. I understand, though I've never experienced this. Sonic Youth was a completely separate entity from the couple I was training with Kim. Our association was creative and musical as part of the group. Really. Obviously, there have been few practical implications logistics. From the moment we took our daughter, we had to adapt the schedule of touring the school holidays. But I do not believe at all that our marriage has influenced the musical direction of Sonic Youth. There was the life of the group, and that the couple, well separated. Kim might think otherwise, it is his right. As is his choice to express today. I accept it. But I do not wish to comment. It's no use.

What amazes me is these people who say they can not hear my music from. I would have ruined everything for them. It's crazy. Why listen Sonic Youth, then, is to ask ... Who can claim to know what is really happening when a couple separates. Nobody knows the truth, can not give a rational and objective explanation. Kim even in his book ... There is a lot of pain and pain on both sides when a strong couple separates. To me, this would not automatically the end of Sonic Youth. People are disappointed, I see. But I do not believe that a group must necessarily last forever. Personally I do not care about going to see The Who play today. Good for them if they are fun, but I still prefer to see Townshend try to do something new. Keith Moon and John Entwistle died. I have no fantasy about Sonic Youth playing until ...

Is your journey satisfactory?

TM: Yes, I think we can be proud of what we accomplished , the work to be left behind. I do not feel frustrating feeling of incompleteness . Although it was not the intention, The Eternal closes perfectly the story. Even the title sounds prescient.