View Single Post
Old 05.26.2008, 11:26 AM   #55
el micky
little trouble girl

el micky kicks all y'all's assesel micky kicks all y'all's assesel micky kicks all y'all's assesel micky kicks all y'all's assesel micky kicks all y'all's assesel micky kicks all y'all's assesel micky kicks all y'all's assesel micky kicks all y'all's assesel micky kicks all y'all's assesel micky kicks all y'all's assesel micky kicks all y'all's asses
'The reality is that the post-punk and slacker generations are now becoming a middle age and middle income demographic. I remember a few years ago driving home and listening to NPR and they were talking about Wire on All Things Considered and thinking, wait a minute, they used to talk about Joni Mitchel, but now they've figured out I'm out here listening, and I'm a demographic. Such is life. Indie culture is relatively mainstream these days. Rolling Stone reviews bands and compares them to Big Black even though when Big Black was around they completely ignored their existence.'

when SY were starting, folks like us would have said it was rubbish that there was no mainstream recognition of underground music. now the underground has become the mainstream and still we complain because now its not the same.

be careful what you wish for