View Single Post
Old 05.18.2007, 04:43 AM   #64
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Funny Games was really disturbing. I saw in in a theatre when it was released, and during the silent moments, I could'nt help squinting around, in case someone would stand up - if anybody had stood up, I would have shaken. This film is brilliant.
It kept disturbing me later, when I went down south to a friend of mine's. He picked me up at the station and drove straight to his house. And the countryside was the same as Haneke's flick. I was telling myself it would be stupid to be terrified. Still. Luckily, he didn't play the same music in his car
(the opening of the film works on these music switches from classical to Naked City like blurts)

I think I saw The Incident, the subway thing, when I was under 13. Never saw it again. Really striking.

Skinner (Ivan Nagy) was disturbing too, for every character was experiencing loneliness in a town where no communication existed. The characters had humanity, and one of them was a killer, skinning his victims and wearing what he had peeled off of them; bloody. And every character seeked a way to get away with the weight of the world.

The Believers (John Schlesinger, 1987). Not a great picture. But there are spiders crawling under people's skin.
I can hardly bear that.
And films where you see needles meeting veins. This makes me crawl up or turn away. I saw one of Paul Morrissey's 70 pictures, one with a long close up on the soft of a forearm.
Anyone remember Morrissey's Cocaine by the way?
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|