View Single Post
Old 01.15.2017, 07:18 PM   #2001
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Alright, we're just a few days or hours away from the closing of GTMO and the pardoning of Manning and Snowden! I'm pumped! Wait, whaddayamean it's not gonna happen...?

Chelsea Manning could see her sentence commuted, though. From Demand Progress:

Quote:
AMAZING NEWS: NBC is reporting that Chelsea Manning has been added to President Obama's short list for commutation.

Chelsea is currently serving a 37-year term in an all-male military prison. She has spent more than a year in solitary confinement—treatment considered "torture" by the United Nations—and she has already attempted suicide at least twice.

Chelsea's life in prison will only get worse under a Trump administration. It's up to President Obama to commute her sentence before he leaves office January 20.

Chelsea Manning's revelations exposed the truth about war crimes committed by the U.S. military in Iraq and Afghanistan. She uncovered video of an Apache helicopter firing on unarmed civilians. No one was harmed as a result of her whistle-blowing, and she proved that the American people were being lied to by their government.

As a result, Chelsea has been punished with solitary confinement for "crimes" like possession of an expired tube of toothpaste and a copy of the book I Am Malala. She's been denied access to her lawyers and doctors. She has even been given solitary confinement as punishment for suicide attempts.

Demand Progress helped collect over 100,000 signatures for the White House petition calling for Chelsea's sentence to be commuted. And now we know our voices are being heard.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|