View Single Post
Old 05.02.2009, 12:49 AM   #152
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny American
I said specifically that I don't want them to revisit anything. I just don't cling to the weird rock critic canonization that all their best work was done between 1985 and 1988 and then they fell off a huge cliff into irrelevance around the time of Goo/Dirty/EJST&NS and never came back to ... a bunch of sounds that, if they did them now, would be really dated and irrelevant sounding. I love "Tom Violence" and "Expressway to Yr Skull"; I would not want to hear the band that they've evolved into attempt to do those songs, and yet that seems to be the thing that most people get excited by: paler and paler imitations of their old full-on rockin' selves. And to THAT end, I say, give me some Washing Machine and Murray Street sounds instead of dipping back to breaking into rock 'n' noise mode in a mindbogglingly heartless fashion as on this album. I blame Mark Ibold and Thurston Moore, and I like Pavement and Sonic Youth.
You rip your hair out over what is or isn't relevant, don't you.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|