View Single Post
Old 04.30.2009, 09:56 PM   #144
Johnny American
little trouble girl

Johnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic bzooty
i don't
believe
in rapture
anymore,
thurston...
i believe
in
pitchfork

Pitchfork's never-ending search for signifiers of former cultural greatness makes me feel all vomitorious inside. They should change their name to Pastiche. They have no taste for new, interesting music unless there's some kind of blog backlash against a certain aspect of their idiocy (read the text of their review of Dirty Projector's "Rise Above" for their oh-so-shitty 'analysis' of Dave Longstreth's personality, or their hideous simplification of "Murray Street," a favorite of mine, as being successful because it's not, you know, too noisy for people who like Dirty). Fuck them, fuck them so hard in their eyes for their un-critical embrace of copycat disco, copycat Beach Boys, copycat Bruce Springsteen, copycat U2, copycat shitty Graceland pop, etc and for their absolute antipathy towards originality unless it's already popular by the time it passes under their crapdar. If they had taste, they wouldn't need to lean so hard on what Rolling Stone declared classic twenty years ago as re-recorded by New York college grads under new band names in this shitty decade of our youths with even less inspiration than it takes to torrent Paul Simon's discography. Best New Music!
Johnny American is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|