View Single Post
Old 06.17.2018, 08:32 PM   #22618
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah i only devoted a couple of sentences to the thing i watched for lols

im not really trying to say dont watch comic book movies, there’s a place in life for them, and maybe i failed at making that clear.

the part where for me it gets ridiculous is where grown ass men and women seriously debate that shit like serious business with no end in sight. i guess it’s more directed to websites like kotaku &tc, but i see a bit of it here too. “thor! serious business!” page upon page. i.e., theyre suddenly the most important films by the volume of words written about them. read the other day a thing where people discussed wonderwomans TIARA to no end. fucksakes. and no these werent costume makers.

but there’s not really that much in them is there? at best they’re entertaining, at worst they’re dull exercises in cgi effects probably best examined by software engineers. no?

i guess the most interesting thing about them is how they’re the only kind of movie sufficiently financed these days and there is no middle ground anymore. it’s either a $100+ million budget or less than $5 million. and it must have eye-candy megastars in childrens costumes or else it doesnt make its bloated budget back. the middle-budget movie made for adults no longer exists. we’re doomed as a civilization i suppose.

oh, avatar 2 & 3 are being shot currently btw. important!

Oh I wasn’t pissed. I was just being salty

And yeah, comic book movies (CBMs) are mostly for lols and good times for me. They’re not serious business.

(Except Dark Knight which is super serious fucking business and frankly not a comic book movie like the rest of the jokers, which are fun for shimmery silliness... TDK = SERIOUS ASS B, fuck y’all u know how I feel)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|