View Single Post
Old 03.06.2014, 08:52 AM   #17985
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
GENTLEMEN BRONCOS

i love the weird rural sensibilities of the director (same as napoleon dynamite). i liked the movie, it was funny and depressing at the same time-- t wasn't a great movie but it was goofy enough to have me laughing often. unlike napoleon dynamite though, i'm not sure i'd rewatch this a million times-- though some scenes are fucking brilliant (if you like that sort of stuff).

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT

possibly the Ultimate White People Movie (in America, anyway). it's got pretty much everything listed here, and then some:

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com

watching it can be a hilarious exercise in anthropology. like watching national geographic.

having said that: nice characters, good actors, good premise, the story develops well. having said that (again): in spite of the auspicious beginnings, i didn't like the end-- i get the logic of the story, but it feels sort of forced/jammed into the last third of the film, and that was irritating. a good movie shouldn't be a "surprise" movie, because that ruins all the expectations that it set you up to build. e.g.: wally has dinner with andre in new york, they talk about life and their work for hours (andre is a theatre guy and has been traveling), the audience somehow gets involved in all that, at the end of the dinner andre gets into his flying saucer and heads for the stars-- what???
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|