Thread: Nirvana
View Single Post
Old 12.18.2013, 02:46 PM   #35
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry you thought attacks were personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I'm just discussing the musical influence of the early Beatles, which I think has always been overrated because of all the hype and success that surrounded "Beatlemania" of that time.[/u][/i][/b]

Oh, now I see. When The Beatles were the most popular active band in the world, no one was influenced.

Then they broke up and the influence was massive.

Makes total sense.

Hollies and a thousand other Brit Invasion bands (seriously, get any British Invasion compilation and spin it a few times), Byrds, the way the Stones responded to Sgt Pepper with Their Satanic Majesty's Request , Strawberry Fields kicking off psychedilia (so add early Pink Floyd and a bunch of others).

And the fact that they wrote everything was novel and pushed others into writing their own material. First double-album in rock. Lots of other ways they influenced popular music.

Here's a list of the top selling albums in UK in 1960s:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...United_Kingdom

Beatles albums make up half the list, 7 of them in the top 10. I find it hard to believe that no one took any musical cues from them at the time.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|