Thread: Nirvana
View Single Post
Old 12.18.2013, 01:25 PM   #34
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I only own Nevermind.
The singer was actually alive when I listened to the music.
I liked and still do like the music.
This album I don't see as an album by somebody who was dead when it reached my ears, and it has a rhythm section that was soo good. Plus their pictures were fun to watch then, I'd have loved to have Novoselic as a friend.

Then I didn't pay attention that much to what came afterward.

I know Cobain died and it shocked me, but I can't paint things blacker than they were.

Nirvana, on Nevermind, had a terrific sound and good songs. Some I can hum (Something in the Way).

The Beatles played or recorded 483 songs (don't check, I've no idea), Nirvana less than 60 (don't).

The Beatles were no longer when their first song entered my world. It was on the radio. It was good. It's always been there. I never paid attention. I don't own any Beatles record. Their songs are everywhere, everyone's.
Then Lennon died and he was the one to love.

When I first listened to the Sex Pistols, it was because they were the punk band AND because there had been a tragedy. The band no longer was.
At the time, the hero was Sid, the villain John. The friend who copied me their album relunctantly agreed to add some PIL on the tape but despised the music. I loved it more. Still I thought the Pistols were the ones to be liked and stayed away from PIL for a while for that reason.
Then, slowly, rewriting the story, Malcolm was the villain, Sid a dupe.
Then John was the one.
Then Jon Savage wrote England's Dreaming and stressed the importance of the guitarist...

Now, when I listen to the Pistols, do I like them?
No.
The production is horrible.
Do I like some PIL albums?
Yes.

Death sometimes influences opinions, and those opinions might influence yours.
Shouldn't pay attention to it.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|