View Single Post
Old 06.10.2014, 12:03 PM   #4331
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
i have created my team now, my login name is "slavoh", joined the SYG league too.

though, the rules seem curious to me. you have 100k Money and you need to book 23 players, not a player less.

no matter how I tried, I have to stick to 11 more or less top quality players, but ALL THE REST is just fillers from Algeria/Iran/Honduras. No good or even medium quality subs.

Slavo! Slavo! Slavo! Grrreat!

I don't see how anyone could do differently.
I'd say I have 3 good defenders, one who might be if the papers are right, and filler (2 starters I bet among the fillers)
My midfield is solid, with only 2 guys out of 8 who will seldom play, and 1 I have no idea...
1 filler only among the forwards, with a couple of low budget bets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
it's like this:

you're locked with your 23 during the group stage.

you choose 11 for every round. 3 rounds for group stage.

during each round, you can sub underperformers with those who haven't played in that round yet, but you lose any points with the subbed player.

the next round you choose your starting 11 again.

This rule I costly passed by during the latest tournament.
I'd say it should be taken into account when you hesitate between two players you're not particularly fond of.
Picking fodder from group A will not be risky. Let the guy play, gather nada, you'll replace him by some bloke from Germany later on.

My starters are thus not meant to stay there, unless something magic happens.
I don't think you can switch from 4-4-2 to 3-4-3 though.

Unfortunately, Iran, Algeria and Honduras don't play their games soon enough. Australians are too expensive (they got thrashed by France during a friendly, they were fed up with their coach and wanted a new one I guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i'm "juppjuppjupp"

How come this can be so articulate?
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|