View Single Post
Old 11.16.2009, 09:34 AM   #850
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah, except I didn't really pay any attention to any hype the game received, I played it and formed my own opinion and only after playing it did I see that "professional" reviewers (motivated by ad revenue) like the game. It's flat-out boring and shit, to me, there's nothing to it. It is such a mess of a game, it feels unfinished, etc. If people like it for some weird reason, that's cool, I'd rather play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Mother 3, Contact, and various other RPG's that came out around the same time. Just a personal preference.

That's a criticism that can easily be tossed around like confetti over any game by people who personally dislike them. But criticising a game simply because it's universally acclaimed by reviewers and the public smacks of egocentric nonconformity. A painfully pretentious and lame way of trying to stand out from the crowd, like you're "radical" or something. I'm not saying that's what you're like, but there are people out there who are laughably like that.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|