View Single Post
Old 10.08.2009, 02:02 AM   #46
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
I think you're generalising. I know a lot of people who are academics and still work in the industry on a regular basis. I can't speak for the university she attended, though. Yes there are a lot of people who are professional students/teachers in that they may have read all the books but don't have that special something real experience can provide. It just definately isn't all of them.

Regardless, if she's been giving more practical skills to be able to better explore her own ideas, it really shouldn't matter who gave them to her. If she can't move past the fact that the people who taught her this aren't her cup of tea.. Im not sure that's their problem, but hers. Definately not sure that it is YOUR problem..

I dunno. I kind of had a negative reaction to this thread from the time you said " I got into a fight with my friend about HER approach to making music" What does it matter the way someone explores and creates, and what does it matter if you don't agree with doing it the same way? Can't you find something else to bond over?

well i know her approach is up to her, but i think it is most likely to leave her making lame work and i know she can do better. it wasn't so much a fight as a discussion anyway and it was enjoyable.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|