Thread: BORAT!
View Single Post
Old 11.18.2006, 02:26 AM   #81
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
This was my first comment on this subject:
"America wasn't "late on the up take"...he's just not as funny as other american comedians. i can name 10 american comedians who are much more clever and funny than Sascha Cohen, who is now the most overrated comedian around."
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...?t=7689&page=4

As you can see, I mention the actor's name, who happens to be the same actor that play's "Ali G". By making this association, it is clear that I am well aware that both "Ali G" and "Borat" are played by the same person.

I think you maybe taking this thread a little too seriously, possibly jumping to conclusions a bit prematurely, too premature that you really haven't read any of my comments very clearly.

is it a "nationality" thing where you've acquired a certain identity that you feel aligned with and feel the need to "defend" it when your nationality feels threatened by inferiority in another country's pop culture?

It's you who is taking this thread seriously. I asked a couple of simple questions without any motive, and you wrote me a novel full of assumptions telling me what I am and what I'm saying.

Plus, we have them shows you speak of. I don't find Chris Rock overally funny. I mean, he is funny, but he's not as great as you make out.

Oh, well.