View Single Post
Old 09.22.2010, 08:03 AM   #10
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
I enjoyed your post.
When I turned about 13 I became completely obsessed with a few different bands. I mean really obsessed.. My only friend made fun of me. Haha.. But point being, I dug these bands so much I wanted to know more about them. I wanted to know what music they found inspiring and so on. So, I read all the interviews on the internet and like the young and bushy tailed boy I was, I took great value in their words and listened to a lot of what they said about their favorite/life changing tunes. So, I researched more and downloaded more till I found 37580936 different bands that I find really interesting.
I started illegal downloading around that time too. From Limewire, to Kazaa, to Bear Share, and now I use Soulseek and Torrents. But, I still looooooooove going to my local record store and buy an album by a band I've never heard an album by before. (I bought my first blonderedhead album recently, not having heard them hardly at all before.)
Nirvana (which lead me to Sonic Youth, MDC, Pixies, The Raincoats, Leadbelly ect.) and White Stripes (which lead to a lot of fucking blues)
But anyways, I've done this sense then and surrounded myself with 700 cds, about 150 gigs of music on this computer, a few hundred records ect. And am still digging to this day.
I listen to one full length album and then put on another album by another band on after that, usually. But, every now and then I'll just go apeshit on one artist. Not long ago I went on a crazy Toots and The Maytals marathon.
And.. I know for a fact my tastes would differ very much had I been been born about 15-20 years earlier. I'm grateful for the internet.
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|