View Single Post
Old 05.13.2010, 03:55 PM   #147
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

define "essential"
A property or group of properties of something without which it would not exist or be what it is.

Quote:
particularly, in what you think is the "unchangeable essence" of the humanities
First, I wrote 'the essential form.' This really can't be reduced to any single quality or even a clear set of qualities but, rather, resemblance. In any case, you must show that the humanities could change but not to the extent to which it could no longer be called the humanities. Even the termination of all humanity departments all over the world is a change in that everyone involved is now flipping burgers and facilities are used for other purposes.

Quote:

i don't know of any
Then I don't see how change is possible. Within any change, there must be a constant element. If it cannot be trivial, perhaps it resides in the within the curriculum of the humanities. However, the have content of that is what you seek to change.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|