View Single Post
Old 02.16.2013, 09:49 PM   #81
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
While Afeni doesn't want to admit it, those remixes reflect HER interpretation of Tupac, and not necessarily Tupac's interpretation. True, about 50% of the Makaveli bootleg material is garbage mixed, and about 25% probably was just acapella tapes which were quickly remixed over some beats that Pac had never heard or had anything to do with. However, for a solid 50% of those bootlegs are outtakes and unreleased rough mixes, especially those with the Outlawz rapping, that most definitely reflect Tupac's style from 1994-1996 WAAAAAAY more than the legit reissued versions which came out later.

yeah that makes sense. It's tough for me though cuz I kind of hate bootlegs. But for sure, in this case the bootlegs are closer to the intended material. Though I do find the resulting uh "legit" releases interesting as counterpoint to the source material.