View Single Post
Old 07.31.2008, 01:28 PM   #43
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I buy CDs at 'Gas' stations, Asda (owned, in the UK, by Wal-mart) and any supermarket if they have a record I want. I'll also buy records from 'thrift' stores if they have something I want.

Truth be told, I've never seen the pop/ happy hardcore/ country compilations I want in a 'credible' 'indie' store. 'Getting a piece of the pie' is precisely what these companies do, that's how they stay in business. If vinyl wasn't in the 'ascendancy' (a vague sense of that word) then there wouldn't be the market demand. They're not contriving that market demand, and I'd wager you a million American dollars (worth roughly four packets of crisps in British sterling) that they won't even try and compete with your local grimey record store in terms of stock, so where's the problem?

Seriously though, how many people on this board are even aware of the smallest part of economics?

Well, while we're in agreement w/ the fact that the American dollar isn't worth anything, I'll disagree w/ you that they've (Best Buy) been in business too long w/out selling vinyl to say that it's a need to stay in business. It's more the fact that they are stock piling. They want you to come into that store no matter what you're looking to purchase.

It's basically the ploy to get you to come into their store, & after that they'll dictate to you what you want to buy. That's what irritates me.

Also the fact they are setting a new trend for vinyl that isn't necessary. I like the nostalgia of vinyl. Sure I buy newer vinyl, but you can get those a number of ways w/out giving money to people who have plenty as it is.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|