View Single Post
Old 09.26.2017, 05:37 PM   #3123
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
They are forced by US law to take all goods/reliefsupplies/cargo to a mainland US port (Florida usually) where all cargo must be removed, and placed in a US boat, so as to screw over PR and make extra $$$ for the assholes that run US shipping concerns (MAFIA).

Thanks for posting this - I had to read a little further. Oddly I first ended up reading the Jones Act of 1917 that formalized Porto Rico and offered citizenship to its people, only 288 said no. After all the United States liberated Porto Rico from a brutal, degenerate and genocidal Spanish monarchy.

The Jones Act of 1920 is the relevant law, it reads to me as a surprising America First law, for ships engaging in coastwise trade must be US registered with US crew. I could be wrong, but my impression is the major US shipping industry is locked up into a few major corporate shippers and of course the security risk of having foreign ships cruising the coast loaded with huge loads of unknown cargo can't be allowed.

Because there are TREMENDOUS tax advantages for everyone in PR (no income tax on money earned in PR) and the poor get the same rewards for breeding regardless there is also a strong argument to NOT gain statehood. so why lose that free stuff for what, extra SSI? An electoral and Congressional vote that won't matter anyway...and the corruption is structural - the rich aren't going to give this up.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-hot-tax-haven
https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebat...as-a-tax-haven

Half the island is about to move here to the mainland anyway...and Trump can't do shit about it!
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|