View Single Post
Old 08.29.2016, 10:04 PM   #97
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasx
They had already made that in Evol.

I think Evol was still a bit out there for most audiences. It's a goddamn revelation, of course, and the first three tracks are on a par with the best of their work from before or after, but Evol, to me, was their last "no wave" album. It's disjointed. It falls apart. It's non-rockist. Less non-rockist than BMR, but still... I think it was something of a bridge between Bad Moon and Sister.

Then they were abducted by aliens or something, and they made Daydream Nation, which sounds like it was made by a group of Timelord punks who could see the curve of the universe and all things yet to come. (Yeah, I just compared Sonic Youth to Doctor Who. Deal with it. )
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|