View Single Post
Old 12.11.2018, 08:08 AM   #811
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
1. Saba - Care for Me
2. Kids See Ghosts - Kids See Ghosts
3. Earl Sweatshirt - Some Rap Songs
4. Anderson .Paak - Oxnard
5. Curren$y, Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist - Fetti
6. Pusha T - Daytona
7. Travis Scott - AstroWorld
8. Noname - Room 25
9. Kanye West - Ye / Nas - Nasir
10. Kendrick Lamar & Various Artists - Black Panther Soundtrack

Bro, has Kanye ever been so low on a list of yours?

Not me. But I get it. This year — for all its Kanye releases — was THE FUCKING WORST for Kanye fans, and some of that definitely rubbed off on how I listened to his albums, specifically Ye. And it’s acrually not a bad record. It’s reallt not. But he came out and confessed to not writing one of the songs, and that leaves about 12 minutes of pure Kanye this year. In some ways, we got more Kanye in 2014, when he didn’t release an album bit dropped theee excellent standalone singles.

Here’s my feeling on the whole thing...

He should have ONLY released the KSG album this year, and KSG should have had “Ghost Town” on it. That would have made for a fuller sounding SINGLE release that wasn’t a DIRECT Kanye album but more of a lower-profile “Watch the Thrnbe” kind of deal. So it wouldn’t have fucked with his winning streak of solo albums, but his name still would have been put there.

Yep. Release a longer KSG, don’t release Ye, just release its best songs (“I Thoight Avoit Killing You,” “No Mistakes,” maybe “Wouldn’t Leave”) as standalone singles and have this be an off-year for his solo work.

OH and ALSO... I would have GREATLY preferred that he NOT have done all the fucking stupid, heartbreaking bullshit he said and did this year. For the love of FUCK, man. Fuck!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|