View Single Post
Old 09.28.2013, 11:14 AM   #12
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Lisa Carver: There's a Rapeman song called "Kim Gordon's Panties."

Kim Gordon: Yeah, I guess there is. I never really listened to it. Big Black were playing in Amsterdam, it was their last tour, and we happened to be there. In the train stations they have machines where you can buy women's underwear. It was Steve's birthday, so I bought some to throw at him so he would feel like a rock god on his birthday.

Lisa Carver: You really never listened to the song? You aren't interested to know what he thinks of your panties?

Kim Gordon: He mixes the lyrics so low, what's the point?

Lisa Carver: Right around that time, in the late '80s, people who didn't know you suddenly decided to start contemplating sex with you. Do you think that song had anything to do with catapulting you into sex symbol status?

Kim Gordon: I don't know -- maybe it did. A few people have asked me in interviews after that, "Oh, how does it feel to be a sex symbol? Steve Albini wrote this song..."

Lisa Carver: People think a person is beautiful or sexy if it's "known" that that person is beautiful or sexy. If Steve Albini says you're sexy, then all of a sudden you are.

Kim Gordon: It's incredible how the media works like that. It's fascinating.

Glice, why dont you go ask Kim Gordon if she needs your help battling sexism. There's a true woman of punk rock explaining exactly how important it is to act like a witch hunting inquisitor over this shit. When will assholes like you who want to suck up the injustice and emotion of peoples identity politics to prove to the world how fucking important your petty little 'conscience' really is just admit that you are just as much of an asshole as everyone else, only a thousand times more pompous about it?
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|