View Single Post
Old 09.28.2013, 09:25 AM   #9
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve fucking Albini
Additionally, places poorly-served by the old-school record business (small or isolate towns, third-world and non-english-speaking countries) now have access to everything instead of a small sampling of music controlled by a hidebound local industry. When my band toured Eastern Europe a couple of years ago we had full houses despite having sold literally no records in most of those countries. Thank you internets.

14) This notion ONLY APPLIES TO BANDS ESTABLISHED IN THE OBJECT-EXCHANGE ERA OF PLENTY. Smaller bands are fucked because, not only can they make no money out of records, they can't hope to perform overseas until they establish and audience. Establishing that audience is harder in an era of increased availability of a wider range of recorded music; measuring that audience is impossible when there's no standard by which to measure the appreciation of the music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|