View Single Post
Old 06.18.2013, 08:24 PM   #437
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
i'm not hating on that fact that you don't like it, i'm hating on how misguided you are. this album is about the music and it's probably his worst lyrically so when you give it accolades for its lyrics then put down the music it doesn't really make much sense in context.

and... east coast styles? what has that got to do with kanye? what the hell are you talking about? you're full of shit and have always been full of shit. stop being so narrow minded.

Truth be told I agree about the lyrics. He's taking a page from the Trent Reznor book of blunt and obvious angry guy lyrics, set against complex and intricate music and production. It was a little weird at first, especially since Kanye's always had such a knack for simile... But, as it usually did for Trent, it fuckin' works.

I actually think NIN, Aphex Twin, and Mouse on Mars come closer to sounding like contemporaries of Yeezus than any hip hop artist I can think of.

But yes- as great as this album is (and yeah, it's god my balls right now; I lost 'em, Yeezy took 'em), it's a great lyrical departure from Kanye as we've known him. I think it's musically explosive, though, and extremely raw and unnerving. I respect the hell out of him for this one.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|