View Single Post
Old 06.18.2013, 02:45 AM   #421
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Louder,
I caved last night, and downloaded Yeezus. Saved it for this morning. Put it on at work. Listened four times, beginning to end.

Obviously, it's great. But it really is surprisingly stark. It is not a sequel to MBDTF. It's a different beast. I don't like how abruptly it ends, and some of the tracks could use a few minutes of chill time in between. Maybe some pretty instrumentals to contrast the manic, drill synth bad acid trip skullfuck buzz of the rest of the album.

Yeah, it's goddam brilliant. It's almost too intense, but not quite. I hope it sells a billion copies so he continues to fuck with trends while managing to create them in the process. I hope he's not really as angry as the album would have use believe. I actually feel sorry for him at a few points.

I really need more time to process this Chi-town chainsaw massacre of an album, but you were right in assuming that I would love it.

2013 has a new best rap album. Sorry Ghostface. Maybe repeated listens will put you back on top... I almost feel bad. Wu-Tang is my hip hop Sonic Youth. I don't relish admitting that a member has been outdone, but it's Kanye after all.
"Chi-town chainsaw massacre of an album" - nailed it!! i just watched the American Psycho-themed short-film thing, fucking brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
And what's the deal with this awesomely titled new album by Jay-Z? As far as flow and lyrical ability go, he's the King of the genre. Probably my favorite solo rapper out there, and he's releasing his album on a goddamn Samsung???
Samsung Galaxy users will be able to stream the album through their phones a few days before it comes out in stores, or something like that.

perhaps i'm more excited about the album than i should be. the production is gonna be incredible though, now it's all up to Hov himself.

although great rappers like Nas, Jay, Ghost, etc.. never really fall off. they go through wack periods then bounce back strong.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|