View Single Post
Old 06.15.2010, 04:54 PM   #102
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
crucified, why? they deserved that one.

also it's a well known fact that brazil is never impressive against teams they underestimate and/or initial stages of the world cup.

well known fact.

From what I understand, Dunga is at best tolerated in Brazil, both by the press and fans. The hate the way he gets his team to play, abandoning the whole 'beautiful game' ethos (Ronaldinho didn't even make his squad!). While the brazilian fans and press want Brazil to do well, there's a side of them that wants them to fuck up enough for Dunga to be sacked. The same thing happens in the UK all the time, both at club and national level.

Brazil got better after the goal (and if that was intentional then my name's David Beckham) but N Korea played really well - especially compared with what was expected of them - and I certainly don't think either the Ivory Coast or Portugal will relish playing them. I certainly don't think any of the major contenders looked at their performance tonight and panicked. They certainly look beatable. Saying that being able to win while playing badly is the sign of a great time. (Football cliche #4563)

Without seeing Spain yet, the only team that's really impressed me has been Germany, and even they weren't exactly tested. Of the outsiders/no-hopers, I'd probably say N Korea look the most likely to exceed expectations. Early days yet though.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|