View Single Post
Old 08.07.2006, 12:38 PM   #4
Ono Soul
little trouble girl

Ono Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's asses
Well, like I said, I pretty much went purely to see SY's set and also The Flaming Lips who were playing on the same stage right after. They put on a good show, you know, with their usual oddball assortment of dancers and eye candy (in alien and Santa Claus costumes) and they led the crowd through some mass sing alongs on their big hits. In between SY and The Lips I saw (or heard) most of The Dresden Dolls set on a nearby stage. It was so so. Same with Thievery Corporation.

I originally had no intention of sticking around for Kanye West but I'm really glad I did. The crowd that gathered to see him was amongst the biggest I've ever encountered but believe it or not, it was all really good vibes. Kinda like one big party. He had an all female string section with him and they went into "Bittersweet Symphony" at one point, which I got a kick out of.

The fest was really well organized. I never once waited more than a minute or two to go to the bathroom or buy a beer. So that was pretty cool. And the crowd was really well behaved. I was expecting a bunch of meatheads and there was some of that of course, but they were all being really mellow. It was a good time!
Ono Soul is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|