Thread: all about reena
View Single Post
Old 05.10.2009, 11:34 PM   #7
koolthing78
bad moon rising

koolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asses
This could SO start a RR vs Eternal thing [I mean legitimately (in my head, at least)]: I mean, different styles: like "Reena" being that album's equivalent of... what? "Poison Arrow"? "Leaky Lifeboat?" "Anti-orgasm"? [But yeah, that was a lot of strange-sounding titles...] ["My 'tree converged' in a yellow wood," apparently [re: a whole bunch of variables congealing into one as I backed up in warp speed to a decreased threshold of scrutiny]]

Bottom line: I think RR is probably better for hippie-leaning stoners (and there ain't no shame in that) who love Murray St. and ATL and maybe Nurse; and the Eternal is for people who liked Goo or Dirty. But the Goo and Dirty side of it compensates by diplomatically throwing the other sides a bone (even the ones not mentioned, like the pre-Geffen side); and as a new ratio it strikes me in a different way, and I can see both sides [of the question you didn't ask...], and they're equal to me--it's just my own thinking that I have to adjust.
Either I don't understand the point of "repping," or I do and it really is pointless. Fortunately I'm colorblind, so it wouldn't make sense to concern myself with being concerned about it in the first place.

www.myspace.com/koolthing78
koolthing78 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|